Thursday, July 29, 2010

Car Pools

I am developing a service to help people to car pool. It will be placed in the Easysearch portal, i.e. www.easysearch.sg. Are there already existing car pooling sites in Singapore that are well used? What do you like to see in this new website? Please give your comments here or send your views to kinlian@gmail.com.

Update
I checked Google and and saw many car pool sites in Singapore. See
http://www.google.com/search?q=car+pools+singapore&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:{referrer:source?}&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBR

However, they do not seem to organise the car pooling by sector. I will use postal code to identify people who live or work close to each other. This will help them to search each other person better.

4 comments:

Tan Kin Lian said...

I checked Google and and saw many car pool sites in Singapore. See
http://www.google.com/search?q=car+pools+singapore&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:{referrer:source?}&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBR

However, they do not seem to organise the car pooling by sector. I will use postal code to identify people who live or work close to each other. This will help them to search each other person better.

Unknown said...

Taxi is a good car pooling itself.
Why the government is not opening up this mode of transportation if they are sincere about reducing car population and conjestion?
Do you know how many taxis were empty during certain hours?

Unknown said...

The Government should make a strict rule of using GREEN CARS only. Using the Electric car will decrease the pollution and it will decrease the noise pollution as well

bmw car parts

ChiaSL said...

Taxi is a good car pooling system. I used to take the feeder svc fm my flat to the mrt/bus station. Due to the long wait & unpredictable bus schedule, i had switch to taxi. The bus journey is abt 20 mins (if the wait is not too long) for abt a 5 bus-stops trip. The taxi ride is abt 5-7 mins & cost averagly $5.50 (peak hr). Was think how i can get those people at my bus stop to taxi pool with me to share cost, plus a more pleasant & shorter ride. But I'm to embarrass to ask from stranger. Good if there is such a queue form just for that purpose. or unless i carry a sign board to advertise my intend ...

Blog Archive