Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Insurers' barriers to health protection

 
I TOTALLY agree with Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong's call to insurers
("Keep insurance affordable: SM Goh"; last Saturday),
so that Singaporeans are not under-insured.
Insurers have put many obstacles for Singaporeans to be sufficiently insured,
especially those with less than a clean bill of health.
I have been insured with NTUC Income under the Basic Medishield plan, but realise that...
Victor Goh
http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/OnlineStory/STIStory_595122.html

2 comments:

zhummmeng said...

The social enterprise' people before profit is a big crap. Look at the agents, they are commission before mission selling crap useless high commission products to clueless the man in the street.
Mr Goh Chok Tong, send your army of auditors and check the internal governance and compliance and the cases sold by the greedy salesmen.10 out of 10 cases fail to meet the reasonable basis .
Their sales revolve around few products and one common feature of these products is they all give high commission and APIs benefiting the agents and the company but the buyers the suckers and who comatose.

yujuan said...

Been weighing for two years whether I should cash out My NTUC critical illness policy bought since 1992 when Mr. TKL was its CEO.
Now reading his blog realises to my dismay I may have a lot of diffculty making claims, as comments by claimants shown. I think during the early stages of any disease, the chance of making a successful claim is practically zero, and only when I am no longer on this earth, do my policy pay out to my beneficiaries, in that case what am I paying a high yearly premium for. This thought sulks, decided to cancel policy next year.
Thanks for the comments on this blog, very informative.

Blog Archive