Saturday, October 16, 2010

Taking a bus - SG Bus Timing

I had to take a bus from the stop outside NTUC Income Center to Cricket Club. I find the signs at the bus stop quite confusing. I went up the first bus that is heading the right direction. It turned out to be the wrong bus. I stopped outside Clifford Pier. It was a long walk to the Cricket Club. This is the confusing state of the bus services in Singapore.

I found an application in my Android phone called SG Bus Timing. It has a useful feature that allow you to locate a bus stop along a road. I searched for Bras Basah and located the stop at NTUC Income Center. I also searched for Connaught Drive and located a stop near it. The matching numbers were 131 and 167. The application also show the time of arrival of the next bus.

The useful feature of this application is the ease of locating the nearest bus stop along a road and the bus services that use this stop.

Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive