Saturday, January 22, 2011

Can a Malaysian resident be insured under Private Shield?

Dear Mr. Tan,
I worked in Singapore for more than 20 years as a permanent resident. After my retirement, I returned to Malaysia as the cost of living is lower. I have been insured under Enhanced Incomeshield from NTUC Income for many years and has continued to pay the annual premium after I retired. I wish to keep this insurance for the rest of my life, as I intend to use the medical facilities in Singapore in the future. 

There is a chance that my permanent residency in Singapore will not be extended. If this happens, can I continue to be insured under Enhanced Incomeshield? Is there a condition that it is only available to people living in Singapore?


REPLY
If you pay the premium and it is accepted, you have the right to make a claim under the policy. There is no restriction on residency. The only restriction that I am aware of is that the hospital treatment must be in Singapore (and this appears to be your intention anyway). I understand that under some circumstances, you may be able to claim for hospitalistion outside Singapore, but I am not clear about what the situation is.

It is best that you read the policy condition with a fine comb and let me know if you find any wording that may be cast doubt on the extent of the cover. If you find the wording, you can send them to me for my interpretation.

I will also try to get information from other sources and will let you know if there are some problems that I am now not aware of.

1 comment:

taxwelluk said...

I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful.
tax return services in romford

Blog Archive