Sunday, January 16, 2011

Confusing banking services

I just sent this feedback to the customer service of DBS bank


PHONE BANKING MAILER
Recently, I requested for Phone Banking service.


I received a mailer showing the ner PIN/password.
I find this mailing to be confusing.
This is a message below "For ATM card" indicating that I have to sign an acknowledement slip to be sent to you. I waited for this ackowledgement slip but it did not arrive. As an existing ATM card holder, I wondered if my request for Phone Banking PIN would have affected my existing ATM card

I just called your hotline and spoke to your staff. It seemed that this confusing message does not apply to me. If this is the case, why do you put this message into the mailer. How do you expect your customer to be able to know that it does not apply? Your banking services are now quite complicated. Do not make it worse by giving a mailer that adds to the confusion.


Tan Kin Lian

2 comments:

Solomon said...

I believe current emphasis of certain bank is on lifestyle, these are credit cards, loans, dinings, renovations. Anything that can project yourself and spend.

Services are not so important. Provide good services do not give bank good return and incur cost.

Tan Kin Lian said...

I did not receive any reply from the DBS customer service officer after two days. Why can't they reply immediately to acknowledge it?

Blog Archive