Wednesday, January 26, 2011

SingTel services to Tan Kin Lian & Associates

To Duty Manager, SingTel

Dear 
My office is now in Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A. I used two telephone lines (6555 5762 and another number) and have internet connection provided by SingTel. I am relocating my office to Midview City in 24 Sin Ming Lane #02-107.

My staff told me that SingTel will be charging the following fees to me:

  • Current charges for two lines is $80 per three months
  • One time relocation charges for two lines is $60 + $10 for registration for retention service
  • One time internet connect $60
  • Subsequent charges per three months are $80 (2 lines) and $48 (2 lines) for retention charges (retaining same tel numbers)
Please explain to me why you have to impose an internet connection charge of $60 and an additional charge of $48 every 3 months to retain the existing number (when there is no charge to get a new number). Are you incurring additional work or cost to provide these services? Or is SingTel just taking the opportunity to impose additional cost to your customers to boost your profits?

I wish to remind you that you are already getting subscription for the basic service. I hope that this is already sufficient to give you a profit without levying additional charges that are excessive.


Tan Kin Lian

4 comments:

COMMON CENTS said...

Good letter. It will be interesting to see if they will give a written reply, instead of a phone call reply

Unknown said...

I was faced with the same charge of $60 plus some other admin charges when I requested Singtel to switch my fixed line to another location.
It was after much negotiation and the threat of cancelling the line that they decided to waive off eventually.
You may request them to waive off the charges if there's no installation required.
Good luck.

Tan Kin Lian said...

I am not interested to get them to waive my charges. I want them to stop imposing reasonable charges on consumers entirely. Let us work together to get our corporations to act honorably, instead of behaving like crooks to impose unreasonable charges on unsuspecting consumers, and waiving them when the consumers protest.

Vincent Sear said...

I wonder if they'll charge you another S$80 (total S$160) per quarter if a few years down the road you wish to move office and retain numbers again.

Blog Archive