Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another land banking project

Hi Mr Tan,
Can I have your advise regarding the land banking company - X. Should I trust this company to invest land in US - Texas? When I visit their website, it shows nothing, just simple background information. The investor consultant, talking about the advantage, made it look attractive. I I have paid 10% deposit for the investment, now I worry about being cheated. Can you give me some advise about this company?

REPLY
Go to my website, www.tankinlian.com and type "land banking". You can see my views there. You can also click here
You should consider taking legal action against the consultant for giving incomplete or misleading information about the company.

3 comments:

captaincaveman said...

Mr Tan,

despite you having posted many articles advising people to be wary about investing in land banking, I still see people jumping into something which they are not familiar which promises "good" returns.

Now I know why the saying "old tricks always works" is true or is it a case of people refuse to learn as long as agree comes into play?

People simply refuse to make their own decision base on the information available to them. They always have the habit of letting others do the thinking and making the decision for them. In short they refuse to take responsibilties for their own action and be accountable. When thing goes wrong they will have someone to blame.

As I always say one of the main objective of educatin should be teaching people to think.

I admire your patient to keep repeating and reminding readers who refuse to learn and make their own decision.

yujuan said...

Yes, kudos to TKL to have such monumental patience.
I would have washed my hands off, and given up long ago. Greed could
overcome one's logic and intellect, and allow himself to be so easily fleeced.

StFual said...

There is an active land banking company in Singapore which is selling UK land worth S$6 per square metre for S$300 per square metre. They make no promise for planning permission but their sales materials show financial models built on what could happen if planning were obtained in 6 years. I assume they are operating within the law but since this land has no chance of conversion and investors have no chance of returns this is highly unethical.
Is there no way to stop these schemes ?

Blog Archive