Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Direct Asia - cheaper premium rate



http://www.directasia.com/onlineinsurance/insurance-online.aspx


Check above site for low cost general insurance quotes. They appear to be extremely low cost ($650 for my Suziki Grand Vitarra versus present nett of $937 paid to Income) but I do not have any clue whatsoever on their reliability, background, credibility etc.
Albert


My views
Direct Asia is likely to handle their motor insurance claims as well as any other good insurance company. I expect that their claim handling to be better than average, as they are likely to pay more attention to this line of business and will want to build a good reputation.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is my concern too so I did not move to them despite I can save a few hundred dollars because insurance is reallt trust that you pay a sum of mnoney and you hope that when the need comes, they will cover you. If trust is not there, you are afraid to move.

tan wa lau

Cheng Soon said...

I didn't consider them when I (just) renewed my insurance because:
(1) The list of their authorized workshops is the shortest among all car insurance companies.
(2) Their authorized workshops are small workshops, and do not include companies like STAR, Comfort e.t.c.

anonymous said...

I wonder if they would pay the claim so fast that they would not even bother to fight the claim (to ensure that you are fairly judged).

Even after settling your big claim, I think they may not offer renewal to you and suggest you go look for other insurers.

yujuan said...

Is Direct Asia foreign based Company manned by foreign shareholders, who hold the view Singapore is a third world country wher the local regulators are very lax in regulations, and therefore the locals could be fleezed easily,
and they could make a fortune in the shortest time.
Nowadays nobody care about reputation anymore, and insurance people are among the most untrustful people here.

Blog Archive