Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A scam - asking money to pay hotel bills

I received this e-mail purportedly to be from someone that I know. But this e-mail is a scam. The scammer probably hacked into the e-mail account and used the account to send out. This type of scam can be caught, if the authority are interested.



Hello!
I'm sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling... We are presently in London, United Kingdom on short vacation and as i write to you now.. its unbelievable me and my family are stuck here,got mugged at gun point on our way to the hotel and our money,credit cards,phone and other valuable things were taken off me at gun point, thanking Almighty God for save keeping our passport., i really need your urgent assistance quickly ? WE JUST NEED £1,650 GBP TO SORT OUT OUR HOTEL BILLS AND we promise to refund it back to you once we get home cause i still have some cash in my account but i cant access any here right now ,already canceled all our cards immediately after the muggers took our things off me!!! still at the public internet library where we making use of the free internet access, i will forever be grateful if you can help me,Waiting to hear from you quickly cos our flight leaves in few hrs but need to sort the hotel bills and please save us from been embarrassed.

No comments:

Blog Archive