Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Difficulties faced in Presidential Campaign

I have been posting a few observations about the practical difficulties that my supporters and I have to face in our preparation for the Presidential campaign. The difficulties include:
  • fear of supporters in donating to the campaign (i.e. they wish to be anonymous)
  • difficulty in booking a venue for the supporters gathering, e.g. the grassroots club
  • use of mini-bus, i.e. not allowed to be used for incidental purpose
  • unfair coverage in the mainstream media
  • late guidelines on election rules that upset our preparations
  • personal attacks sent to me by email and comments in my blog (apart from the nasty comments in other websites)
I am not complaining - just pointing out the facts. I hope that the citizens of Singapore are aware of the big sacrifices that my supporters and I have to make in offering a choice to the people of Singapore. My supporters have to do their daily work and still find the time to help me in the campaign. It is tough for them, and for me.

Tan Kin Lian

1 comment:

C H Yak said...

Dear Mr Tan

You just added another value - perseverance.

Blog Archive