Thursday, November 24, 2011

Visit to Sri Lanka

I have just returned from a 5 day trip to Sri Lanka. I went to Kegalle and Kandy and also took a tour of Colombo (apart from attending an insurance conference). It was a nice experience for me, to enjoy the warm hospitality and friendliness of the people of Sri Lanka.

My return flight on Sri Lankan Airlines was delayed by 10 hours. They put me up at a beach hotel quite close to the airport. Although it was inconvenient to be delayed so long, I had the chance to experience a short holiday at the beach, and to learn about the livelihood of the people in the village, which caters mainly to tourist.

3 comments:

Tan Kin Lian said...

It is the first time in all my years of travelling that I had a flight delay as long as 10 hours. The flight was operated by Sri Lankan Airlines.

Tan Kin Lian said...

The people are poor, but they live quite a happy life. Their cost of living is low and they can get by. They do not worry about the stress and high cost. They have more time and are friendly to strangers and to each other. This is the advantage of a less developed environment.

Tan Kin Lian said...

I used Google Maps on my iPad. It showed where I was and also the map of the vicinity. It is a great way to travel and learn about the places that I have visited. (I bought a pre-paid data plan which allowed me to access the internet to get the Google Maps.

Blog Archive