Wednesday, December 14, 2011

An innovative idea - transcribing

I download an app on my iPad2. It allows me to dictate a long message and send it for transcribing. At first, I thought that the transcription would be done by machine, and I would expect some mistakes due to bad pronunciation. The transcription was perfect - to the letter.

I realized that the transcription was probably done by a human being. The service provider probably used well educated people from low cost countries to do the transcription, rather than develop an intelligent software. After all, the human mind is probably the most intelligent software that can be found!

This service provider has adopted an innovative approach. He realized that the highest value in the chain is to transmit the message to the right person, rather than to develop an expensive, intelligent software.

Many of the innovations in life can be done through a low cost, effective way - instead of spending a lot of money on hardware, software and consultancy. This is my message to our government and business leaders to respect low cost, effective solutions. Please avoid spending too much money, which can be avoided.

No comments:

Blog Archive