Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Excellent customer service in hotel

I stayed at the Golden Happy Hotel in Shantou,China. The services provided by the hotel is impressive. They provide a computer with access the free broadband internet. I removed the LAN cable and connect it to my laptop and it worked without any difficulty. They provide free Wi-Fi in the hotel lobby without password protection. A hotel guest can get a toggle to get free Wi-Fi in their hotel room.

I saw a sign in the lift lobby informing guests that all telephone calls made from the hotel, including domestic long distance calls, are free. They probably use VOIP outside of Shantou. The sign also said that the hotel guests can borrow a mobile phone from the front desk to use outside of the hotel and make free calls.

This is a most impressive hotel. Instead of finding ways to make more money from their guests, they focus on how to save cost for their guests. They provide comfortable rooms at RMB 248 per night (about SGD 50).


3 comments:

Tan Kin Lian said...

Most businesses look for ways to increase their revenue. Singapore is very bad in this respect.

Here is an example of a business that look for ways to help their customers to reduce their cost. I do not mind paying a higher rate to use this hotel, as my overall cost is reduced.

In fact, I am surprised that their hotel rate is quite competitive and their offered four free meals each day for SGD 50. The standard of the room is acceptable.

This is an excellent hotel.

Michelle said...

Thanks for share this blog. This is give me very good point for my business letter.

C H Yak said...

China could be more "democratic" than "Singapore" to the "sense" in various ways...LOL. Singapore is "democartic" but "commercial" to the "cents".

Blog Archive