Sunday, September 23, 2012

Display sequential stop number in the bus

I have written to the newspaper to suggest that the sequential stop number should be displayed when the bus arrives at a stop. This allows the passenger to know if the number of remaining stops before their destination. They can find ask for the stop number before or on boarding the bus.

The newspapers did not publish the suggestion, so I posted in in my blog and facebook. My friend, who visit Hong Kong regularly, told me that the sequential stop number is displayed on buses in Hong Kong and Shenzhen. I asked him to get photos for me.

I hope that the part of the $1.1 billion can be used to implement simple and low cost ideas to make our buses more convenient for consumers.

2 comments:

Tan Kin Lian said...

There is an active discussion on this matter in my facebook, www.facebook.com/kinlian.

Jack Witson said...

Fantastic thoughts. This bus information is quite important for me. I would like to thank the writer for sharing it with us

sunway lagoon

Blog Archive