Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Difficulty in submitting e-invoice


21 June 2013

Editor, Forum Page
Straits Times

I thank the Accountant General's office and the Inland Revenue Authority of
Singapore for giving a prompt reply to my issue about the difficulty in 
submitting an e-invoice (Password for e-invoice system a necessary 
safeguard).

They have also contacted me directly to discuss the underlying issues
involved in the government processes. I thank them for their pro-active and
helpful approach.

As an active user of the Internet, I have created hundreds of passwords for
various websites, and in most cases, it has been an easy process. 

I hope that our government agencies find the right approach, to avoid wasting much 
time from the public and their employees providing support to the public.

I also support the online submission of invoices, and will be suggesting to 
these agencies on how the processes can be simplified to provide
the right level of security and convenience. 

We need to adopt a practical approach and recognize that there are vendors 
who transact with the government infrequently, and should not be required to spend so much 
time to go through a big learning curse to submit an invoice.

Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive