Friday, March 07, 2014

Securing a lease in a soft market

The tenant in my town house told me two months ago that he had to terminate the lease early as he was being relocated. I had to find a new tenant in a difficult market. Many apartments are now vacant. 

Fortunately, I had a good real estate agent. He advertised the vacancy actively and managed to secure a tenant against strong competition from other agents marketing similar vacant units in the same estate. He had to spend several hours to convince the new tenant

The new tenant will take the lease immediately on expiry. However, I had to accept a reduced rental due to the soft market. But the rental is in line with a recently transacted lease.

If you need a good real estate agent, send email to kinlian@gmail.com.

No comments:

Blog Archive