Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ridiculous protocol followed by Sing Tel call center

I called SingTel hotline to check if a SIM card that they gave to me 2 years ago is still active.
I had to go through their call center maze and press all kinds of buttons to reach a person.

That is just the first part of a stressful experience. More to come.

TKL - I want to check if this mobile number is still active.
The call center staff asked for my company registration number, address, how we pay the bill, etc.
TKL - I only wanted to check if this number is active. Do you really need to provide so many layers of verification?
Staff - Sorry sir. This is our protocol.

I lost my temper. I told the staff to send the telephone conversation to the service quality manager to change their "stupid" protocol.

Earlier, my staff could not go through their protocol, so I had to take over.

The person who wrote Sing Tel's protocol is an idiot. And that idiotic protocol is being practiced day in and day out for many years.

No comments:

Blog Archive