Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A dishonest way to run a business

I am quite fed up with the dishonest way that SingTel runs its business.

Recently, I upgraded my fibre broadband speed to 100 MByte. I observed that the speed does not improve. I contacted Sing Tel to ask if they needed to change some of the configuration to allow me to enjoy a higher speed.

SingTel replied that there is no need to change the configuration. They do not bother to find out if I am getting the higher speed that I paid for.

I complained about the slow speed. They help desk called me to help me to go through a speed test.

I carried out the speed test according to instruction. I get a reading of 10 MB to 15 MB.

Help Desk - But sir, you are using Wi Fi. You will get a correct speed if you make a direct connection to the router.

TKL -  I know that Wi Fi is slower than direct connection, but should be difference be that much? Surely, you know what the difference should be? Is 10 MB accepted for Wi Fi when I am supposed to get 100 MB"?

Help Desk - Okay sir, we will send someone to your office to check tomorrow.

Clearly, the Help Desk staff was trying to deceive me. If they can get away with it, why not? This seems to be the dishonest way that Sing Tel runs its business.



No comments:

Blog Archive