Monday, March 20, 2017

Some thoughts on a rainy day

It was raining moderately this morning before I set out to office.
I waited for the rain to stop. It continued raining.
I called Uber. Got "surge pricing".
I wanted to try GrabTaxi. Forget it. Most probably, no taxi available on rainy days.
I took our my umbrella and walked to the bus stop.
On the way, this thought crossed my mind:

Thank you, Almighty, for the blessing that you have given to the people. And for providing water, which is essential to life, free of charge.

Please tell the PAP to share the water, that you have given to them free, with the people free. They can follow the example of Hong Kong where each household is provided a certain quantity of water free of charge each month.

They can impose the 30% hike on water that they produce through recycling and desalination. The people will understand this hike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm did you try Grab Car? May also have surge pricing if not enuf Grab Cars in your area, but at least another option you can compare first. I sometimes take in the mornings from SengKang to the city, and Grab Car usually cheaper than Uber or Grab Taxi.

Blog Archive