Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Giving some excuse

My server in the Cloud was not responding. I logged into their website to reboot the server. It did not accept my password. I had encountered a similar problem before. At that time, it was due to some problem in their Cloud software. Coud it have happened again?

I called Starhub to report the situation. The staff asked me to hold the line.

A while later, the server was restored and started working well. When the staff came back, I told him that the service is now okay.

Starhub - Thank you. Is there anything else that I can do for you?
TKL - Can you ask your backend to check if the there was a disruption of the Cloud service earlier and they had to reboot their software to restore it?
Starhub - (gave some excuse why this could not be done).
TKL - You asked me if there is anything that you can do for me. I asked you to check what had happened. If you are not willing to do so, it is okay with me. Bye.

It would have been better for him to take my message and conveyed it, rather than give some excuse to block my request.

No comments:

Blog Archive