Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Singapore Johor Bahru Rapid Transit System (RTS)

The Singapore Johor Bahru Rapid Transit System (RTS) will be operational by 31 Dec 2024, i.e. 7 years time. It has already been discussed for 7 years since 2010. I wonder if it will really be completed by the deadline or will be further delayed by more discussions.

When it is operational, I expect that it will take the people who now travel by buses and train. There will be a joint clearance (I hope) so the time spent at the checkpoints will be reduced considerably.

In 7 years time, I will be 76 years old. I wonder if I can still travel to Johor Bahru? I also wonder if I will still be around?


1 comment:

Yujuan said...


生死有命,福贵在天。
Your destiny in the hands of God. But, you think you would live to see both HSR and the LRT lines running, you would.
But volatile Malaysian politics may throw a spanner in the way, leading to delays, then maybe we would not see the day.
And the Sultan of Johore or the Crown Prince's show of hand, capitalising on UMNO Govt's weakness, is another factor to watch.

Blog Archive