Monday, December 18, 2017

Making an unjustified criticism

I wish to quote another example about how people misinterpret the view of another person and start to attack that person.

For a long time, I advocated that people with spare money should keep their savings in CPF retirement account to enjoy the interest rate of 4% plus bonus. The interest rate is attractive for the low level of risk.

I also supported the view that people in need of money after passing age 55 should be allowed to withdraw their money. They should not be forced to keep their money to be paid out in installments over their lifetime.

Each person should make his (or her decision) based on his financial circumstances.

Somebody forgot the first part and remembered my second part. When he learned that I had kept my savings in CPF retirement account up to age 70, he criticized me for advocating the members should be allowed to withdraw their CPF at 55. He said, why do I recommend people to withdraw their savings at 55 when I kept it until age 70.

Many people have this bad habit of attacking another person based on a misinterpretation of his view. They do not attempt to check or clarify the view. But they feel entitled to make an unjustified attack.

I have another sad observation. There are bystanders who help to convey the unjustified attack, when they should take the opportunity to rebut it.

We need to have people with character and a sense of what is right or wrong.

No comments:

Blog Archive